20R/22R/RE Crankshaft Scraper (Full Perimeter)
What are some of the benefits of Crank Scrapers?
During normal engine operation, a significant amount of oil adheres to or becomes entrained in, a cloud surrounding the spinning bottom end. This oil eats up the horsepower your engine is making by increasing the rotating mass and also creating parasitic drag. A crank scraper mechanically strips off excess oil by coming close to, but not touching, the moving crankshaft and rods. It also interferes with the pressure differential that draws oil into the windage cloud.
- Less rotating mass for the engine to accelerate because of the removed oil
- Less loss of power because of excessive drag caused by the windage cloud
- Help reduce engine damaging oil-foaming
- Help avoid oil starvation by keeping the oil in the pan during hard braking and turning as well as during off-road driving
- Help to cool critical engine parts by quickly returning heated oil to the sump
- Help to prevent the cylinder walls from being overloaded with oil
- Can help with fuel efficiency
Our crank scrapers are constructed from steel and include installation instructions. The scrapers are installed between the oil pan and engine block or along the main bearing caps. Some fitting to your individual engine may be required and the procedure for carefully checking this is explained in the installation instructions.
Do they really work? Yes! Crank scrapers in various forms have been in use for at least 40 years -- and not just in racing! More importantly, they are currently in use in a variety of OEM engines of both large and small displacement -- from relatively low RPM V-8 engines to high RPM straight fours. Most auto enthusiasts are surprised to learn just how common they really are. In short, it is an extremely well-proven technology that is often simply not recognized.
Contact our Tech Support Line for further information at 928-855-6341.
Check out www.LCEngineering.com for New Products, Tech Articles,
Specials & Monthly Newsletters!
Note: Images are for illustration purposes only. Images MAY NOT represent the product listed. Please contact Customer Service with any questions or concerns: 928-505-2501.