5VZ Pro Forged Chrome-moly Crossbeam Connecting Rod Set
LCE teams up with Pauter to offer these custom made to order crossbeam rods.
Pauter’s unique single rib rods are extensively designed to address as many weaknesses of standard rods as possible:
- The cross-section of the beam is specifically designed to spread and minimize stress loads.
- These rods have a large cross-sectional mass which has been designed to provide a combination of beam rigidity and crack resistance while being comparatively light weight.
- The leading edges of the beams have been shaped to reduce windage in the crankcase.
- Bolt interruption points have been carefully designed to have additional mass for strength in typical areas of weakness while maintaining a comparatively light weight.
- All rods are shot-peened for extra stress resistance and to help prevent surface crack formation.
- High strength and durability without adding high rotational mass power losses.
This rod set is made from E-4340 chrome-moly steel alloyed with small percentages of nickel to improve the steel’s resistance to stress cracking without the brittleness common with lower grade chrome-moly alloys.
In standard measurements these rods weigh 630g each.
NOTE: LCE Pro Chrome-moly Rods are custom made to spec and require an extended production lead-time, currently expect a 5 to 7 week turnaround.
These rods are intended for legal forms of motorsports competition and as such, carry NO warranties for use related failure.
Contact our Tech Support Line for further information at 928-855-6341.
www.LCEngineering.com for New Products, Tech Articles, Specials & Monthly Newsletters!
Note: Images are for illustration purposes only. Images MAY NOT represent the product listed. Please contact Customer Service with any questions or concerns: 928-505-2501.