Stage 2 Long Block
Is your stock 22R, or 22RE engine just not enough power anymore? Then it's time to step up to the Stage 2. Are you driving on back roads, playing in the mud and snow, negotiating rocky, rutted trails, and severe rock crawling, that demand excellent low-end torque and horsepower? Wouldn't it be great to kick it up a notch? LC Engineering offers a unique solution for those who want some tremendous bottom-end power with excellent torque over a broad RPM range. With extras like Chromoly connecting rods, adjustable cam gear, dual valve springs, Chromoly retainers, the Stage 2 is the answer to your performance and strength needs. The Stage 2 series makes an excellent off-road engine or even an entry-level race engine for those not quite ready for a Stage 3 or 5. With the ability to run on anything from a downdraft Weber to a Holley to a sidedraft set-up, this is one of LC Engineering's most versatile engines.
All Stage 2 Series Engines come with the following components:
- LC Pro Crankshaft
- LC Chromoly H-Beam Connecting Rods
- Oil Pan
- Clevite Main, Rod & Thrust Bearings
- Brand New Water Pump
- LC Pro Oil Pump
- LC Dual Row Timing Chain Kit & New Custom Timing Chain Cover
- ARP Head Studs
- Mildly Ported Cylinder Head (Brand New Casting)
- New OEM Aluminum Toyota Rocker Arms & LC Pro Rocker Shafts
- LC Dual Row Adjustable Cam Gear
- LC Dual Valve Springs & Chromoly Valve Spring Retainers
- NGK Spark Plugs
- Billet Oil Cap
- LC Pro Water Block Plate Kit & Billet EGR Block Plate Kit
- Your Choice of Silver, Black or "Red Head" Powder Coated Valve Covers
- 94mm Forged Pistons
- 45.5mm Stainless Steel Swirl Polished Intake Valves & 37.5mm Stainless Steel Swirl Polished Exhaust Valves
- Your Choice of Custom Performance Camshafts or LC Pro Camshafts
This product should not be used in a manner that violates Federal EPA Laws.
A Long Block is an automotive term describing an engine sub-assembly consisting of the following:
- Short Block: The long block is always a super-set of the corresponding short block.
- Cylinder Head: A complete new cylinder head assembly is installed with a new head gasket and torqued to specification. (LC uses only new heads and parts on 85+ late model engines) Complete cylinder heads include new valve springs, valve guides (if applicable), valve seats (if applicable), cam buckets (if applicable), valve locks, and valve keepers. The new head castings are free from cracks, warps, and holes.
On all LC Engineering engines, the camshaft(s) will be installed. A Long Block engine replacement will require swapping out parts from the original engine to the long block. These parts include the intake manifold, the exhaust manifold, alternator, power steering pump (if installed in the vehicle), and air conditioner compressor (if installed in the vehicle). As a general rule of thumb, all LC Pro long blocks will be assembled entirely from valve cover to oil pan, but will not include intake, exhaust, or ignition.
Contact our Tech Support Line for further information at 928-855-6341.
LCEngineering.com for New Products, Tech Articles, Specials & Monthly Newsletters!
Note: Images are for illustration purposes only. Images may not represent the product listed. Please contact customer service with any questions or concerns: 1-928-505-2501.