Replace your restrictive factory air filter/box and boost your engine's performance with the Rock Ripper™ Performance Line Extreme Air Intake System.
NOTE: Any variations of parts from what is provided will void the 50-state smog certificate. For replacement Filter, see Part # 1034038 and for Pre-Charger Filter, see Part # 1061591.
Contact our Tech Support Line for further information at 928-855-6341.
Check out LCEngineering.com for New Products, Tech Articles, Specials & Monthly Newsletters!
To open a printable PDF version of this instruction
1. Disconnect the Mass Airflow Sensor harness from the
Mass Airflow Sensor.
2. Disconnect all hoses and air ducting between the
engine and the stock Air Cleaner.
3. Unbolt and remove the entire Air Cleaner, Mass Airflow Sensor, Intake Air Connector, and Air Cleaner Hose with
Resonator from the vehicle. Save the Mass Airflow Sensor and rubber gasket for re-installation.
4. Position the new Air Intake Bracket into the stock Air
Cleaner’s mounting location. Align the long mounting
leg of the new Air Intake Bracket with the original Air
Cleaner’s rear mounting hole. Mark this location on the
Air Intake Bracket. Remove the Air Intake Bracket and
drill a 5/16” diameter hole in the marked location on
the Air Intake Bracket. Note: It might be necessary to
mock up the Stainless Steel Air Tube, Cast Aluminum
Air Tube, & Silicone Adapters in order to position the
Air Intake Bracket correctly.
5. Position the Air Intake Bracket back into the vehicle
and secure using the stock bolt or the M8 Bolt & 5/16”
6. Align the steel Support Bracket with the mounting hole
in the Air Intake Bracket and against the flat spot on
the inner fender panel. Mark the location and drill a
9/32” diameter mounting hole at the marked location
on the inner fender panel.
NOTE: In some instances,
the support bracket may need to be slightly bent to
align with the fender panel correctly.
7. Attach the Mass Airflow Sensor & rubber gasket
removed in Step 3 to the back of the Air Intake Bracket
using (4) of the ¼” bolts and nuts provided.
8. If the vehicle is installed with a charcoal canister, install
the Nylon 3/8” Barbed x ½” NPS Fitting into the
corresponding ½” NPS hole in the Air Intake Bracket.
If the vehicle is not equipped with a charcoal canister,
install the ½” NPS plug into the ½” NPS hole in the Air
9. Mount the Air Intake Bracket and the Support Bracket
back into the vehicle and secure using the remaining (2)
¼” Bolts & Nylock Nuts.
10. Install the Stainless Steel Air Tube, Cast Aluminum Air Tube, Silicone Adapters, Fittings, & Hose Clamps per the
diagram below. Note: If the stock hose coming from the Charcoal Canister is too short, replace it with the 11”
long piece of 3/8” I.D. Rubber Tubing provided and secure it to the 3/8” Barbed Fitting on the Air Intake Bracket
with the 5/8” Hose Clamp provided.
11. Install the Air Filter onto the Air Intake Bracket and
secure the hose clamp provided on the Air Filter.
12. Connect the Mass Airflow Sensor Harness to the Mass
13. Apply the provided C.A.R.B. decal to the underside of
14. Start the vehicle. If the Check Engine light stays lit,
stop the engine and disconnect the battery. This will
reset the engine computer and turn off the Check
15. As needed, wash & re-oil the Air Filter using a
commercially-available reusable filter recharger kit.