10' E-Locker Manual Cable Conversion
We are 4WD enthusiasts, problem solvers by design, and enjoy a good challenge in the shop or on the trail. We designed, built, and bench tested our original cable conversion kit: naturally dubbed the "E-Racer". The E-Racer replaces the OEM Electric Locker Actuator. The E-Racer is designed to work with both the high pinion FJ and low pinion Tacoma 8" E-locker differentials. If you already have an E-locker 3rd member (chunk), the E-Racer is a simple bolt on upgrade that can be done with basic hand tools anywhere, anytime. And yes, it is compatible with front leaf springs.
Chilkat Designs E-Racer Advantages:
- No wiring
- No fluids to replace
- Re-use the factory E-locker spur gear
- Engage your locker in 2WD and 4WD high range
- Stainless steel to withstand the elements
- Anodized aluminum to preserve the look
- The main shaft, which will take most of the torsion load, is made from heat treated, stress relieved, ground and polished 4140 Acralloy steel
- Double o-ring design seals the fluid in and contaminants out
- For custom builds, we left extra material on the E-Racer's circular lever
Chilkat Designs E-Racer Full Kit Includes:
- 1 - 3rd Member Actuator
- 1 - Cable (8', 10' or 12')
- Stainless Steel Cable Ends
- 1 - Hand Shifter
- All Stainless Mounting Hardware
- 20- Zip Ties
- Spare O-Ring, E-Clip, and Key Stock
Tips for finding your cable length:
Route an air hose or garden hose from the hand shifter locating (in cab) to the center of the electric actuator on the differential.
Make sure when routing the mock up cable/hose to not make bend/corners tighter than 6" CLR (center line radius).
Choose a path away from abrasive/sharp surfaces and heat.
The E-Racer is homegrown and locally made in the U.S.A. Chilkat kits are simple, complete, and designed to give you a reliable selectable locker that is all Toyota. The E-Racer provides unmatched sustainability that every 4x4 expedition vehicle needs.
Contact our Tech Support Line for further information at 928-855-6341.
Check out LCEngineering.com for New Products, Tech Articles, Specials & Monthly Newsletters!
Note: Images are for illustration purposes only. Images may not represent the product listed. Please contact customer service with any questions or concerns: 1-928-505-2501.